I use to be deathly afraid of public speaking.
This month I have 9 speaking engagements and now love the chance to share our message with the public and profession.
1) I began to fully understand the implications of vertebral subluxation on the health, welfare and optimum potential of the individual and society and the moral and ethical obligations of that knowledge.
2) I got over myself and the fears holding me back.
Get Over Yourself
The getting over the fears part happened with the help of Dr. Brad Glowaki when I heard him say, “You can be imperfect and share a perfect message.”
Those nine words struck my core because I had been a perfectionist throughout life and was letting my fears of what other people think of me and chiropractic get in the way of sharing our perfect message.
So what’s holding you back?
If you understand the seriousness of vertebral subluxation then you have a moral obligation to get over your fears and start sharing our message with your community.
If you have doubts about the seriousness of subluxation or your confidence in detecting and correcting VS, then you have an equal obligation to seek out the knowledge and skills to make you competent in these areas.
The video below is from a presentation I gave last week to a group of local business leaders. I only had 8 minutes which is not an easy task. I whittled it down over and over until I had what I consider to be the essence of chiropractic. If you enjoyed it and would like a copy, I will be sharing the powerpoint soon so be sure to sign up for our email list on this page.
Steve Tullius, D.C., ACP
Latest posts by Steve Tullius, D.C., ACP (see all)
- Workshop Waitlist Series - May 13, 2017
- What is the Black Diamond Club? - January 9, 2017
- Unraveling Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Pediatric Practice Building Program - October 24, 2016
- The Three C’s of Chiropractic: Compassion, Culture and Celebration - October 17, 2016